Beginning your journey
Your first visit will take a little longer than usual to enable you to fill out various forms and spend some extra time with the dentist.
Your initial appointment
- You will need to tell us your medical history to ensure you are suitable for treatment.
- Your dentist will examine your mouth, inside your cheeks and your tongue, to make sure there are no signs of oral cancer.
- An external examination of your neck and jaw will help the dentist pick up anything unusual.
- You may have x-rays, so the dentist can look for concealed problems, such as loss of bone density. If you don’t require any further treatment, you will be offered a scale and polish, as part of Band 1 treatment under the NHS.
- We will explain the outcome of the examination and talk through any treatment that may be needed. We will let you know your options, as well as how much treatment will cost and how long it will take.
- You will receive a printed treatment plan to read and sign.
We will send a text or email 72 hours before your next appointment. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns between appointments.