Please let us know if you are unhappy with any aspect of your care. We aim to provide a high level of service and ensure all our patients are satisfied with their experience while in our care.
When we receive a complaint, we aim to deal with it in a prompt and courteous manner, to ensure the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. We learn from every complaint and try to ensure mistakes are not repeated. Where necessary, we amend our protocols to minimise the chance of this problem happening again.
- The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service we provide is Larissa Berry.
- If you complain on the telephone or at the reception desk, we will listen to your complaint and offer to refer you to Larissa.
- If Larissa is not available at that time, we will take details of the complaint and pass them on as soon as possible. If Larissa is unable to contact you within a reasonable period, or you do not wish to wait to discuss the matter, we will make arrangements for someone else to deal with the complaint.
- If we receive your complaint in writing, we will pass on your letter to Larissa immediately.
- If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges, it will normally be referred to the dentist, unless you do not want this to happen. We will tell you when you can talk to the dentist and make arrangements for this to take place.
- If you do not wish to meet us to discuss the complaint, we will attempt to talk to you on the telephone.
- We will acknowledge your complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice as soon as possible, normally within two working days.
- We will seek to investigate your complaint within ten working days following receipt of the complaint to give an explanation of the circumstances which led to the complaint.
- If we are unable to investigate your complaint within ten working days, we will notify you, giving reasons for the delay and how long it will take to investigate the complaint.
- We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing to you immediately after completing our investigation.
- We keep proper and comprehensive records of any complaint received.
- We may need to share your complaint with the Commissioning Support Units (CSU) but only when you have given your written consent.
If you are not satisfied with the result of our procedure, you can make a complaint to:
For NHS treatment contact:
PO Box 16738
0300 311 22 33
For private treatment:
The Dental Complaints Service
2 Cherry Orchard Road
08456 120 540